Edmonton Car Accident Lawyers Serving Alberta and Western Canada
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle crash due to the negligence of another, you may be entitled to substantial compensation for any damages suffered.
With regard to personal injury lawsuits, the term ‘damages’ refers to the financial compensation given to someone who suffered an injury due to another’s negligent, reckless, or careless actions. Common car accident damages include medical expenses, lost wages, vehicle repair bills, and emotional pain and suffering.
At Chadi & Company, our experienced car accident lawyers have been protecting the rights of victims in Edmonton and across Alberta for 30 years.
Whether you’ve been involved in a minor accident or a multi-vehicle collision with extensive injuries and property damage, we can help you obtain the compensation you deserve in the quickest, least painful, and most economical way possible.
Contact our lawyers today for a free and confidential consultation about your case.
Do I Need an Edmonton Car Crash Lawyer?
Following a motor vehicle accident, it is in your best interest to seek immediate legal counsel. If you’ve been injured, the only thing you should be doing is healing.
Claiming compensation from an insurance company can be extremely challenging for anyone unfamiliar with the process. Insurance companies are notorious for minimizing payouts and denying claims to increase profits.
An experienced car accident lawyer understands this and knows how to get the maximum settlement amount possible. They will investigate your case, calculate damages, and negotiate for every dime to which you are entitled. Don’t let the big insurance companies bully you into accepting a fraction of what you should receive.
At Chadi & Company, we always seek to settle outside of court, but if a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, we are prepared to take your case to trial. We understand how stressful, emotional, and costly an accident can be.
While medical expenses and other bills pile up, you may be unable to work and provide for your family for an extended period of time. Our experienced injury lawyers will work tirelessly and do everything possible to ensure that you get the full compensation you need as quickly as possible.
What Should I Look for in a Car Accident Lawyer?
Car accident lawyers are not one-size-fits-all. In order to ensure a favourable outcome in your case, it is critical to work with an injury lawyer with extensive experience in car accident cases similar to yours. It’s also a good idea to do your homework before choosing a lawyer for any legal issue.
Referrals are a good place to start, but you should also interview a few potential candidates before deciding on the right lawyer for you.
You will be working closely with your lawyer and discussing very personal details about your life and finances, so it’s essential that you are comfortable with this particular person, and that they strike you as trustworthy and honest.
Finally, when interviewing lawyers, look for confidence, but beware of lawyers who guarantee a specific outcome.
What To Do if You’ve Been Involved in a Car Accident
The steps you take immediately following an auto accident can have a major impact on your health and safety, as well as on the overall outcome of your case, should you decide to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit. If you’ve been involved in a car accident:
- Call the police. In addition to ensuring everyone’s safety, law enforcement officers will create an official police report, which can be invaluable if you decide to file a personal injury claim or bring a lawsuit against the negligent party;
- Exchange contact information with the other driver, and get contact info for any witnesses. But do not, under any circumstances, admit fault or discuss the details of the incident with anyone until you’ve consulted with your lawyer. Even a seemingly innocent comment, such as, “I’m so sorry, the sun was in my eyes,” can be used against you;
- Photograph the scene of the accident and any contributing factors, such as skid marks left by a vehicle, and any visible injuries, from as many angles as possible; and
- Consult with an Edmonton car accident lawyer. You will need to notify your insurance company of the accident within a reasonable amount of time, but it’s in your best interest to speak with a lawyer before discussing the accident with anyone, your insurer included.
- Keep a journal. Jot down as many details of the accident as possible, and make notes about your medical treatment, any symptoms, and your recovery. Important details can fade with time, but keeping a written record will preserve these memories and create a helpful timeline.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accident injuries vary widely based on the type and severity of the accident, but some of the most common car crash injuries we see include:
- Skin lacerations
- Broken bones
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Emotional trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Wrongful death
Even if injuries aren’t immediately apparent, it’s in your best interest to seek medical attention after a car accident. There are several serious injuries, including internal bleeding and soft-tissue damage, that may not produce symptoms for days or even weeks.
Having a comprehensive medical evaluation from a qualified health care provider can ensure that you are not suffering from an asymptomatic injury.
Contact Chadi & Company Today
If you have been injured in a car crash or any other negligence-based accident, the skilled legal team at Chadi & Company can help. Our Edmonton personal injury lawyers have helping clients obtain the compensation they deserve for 30 years.
We will investigate your case, gather evidence to substantiate your claim, and negotiate for the maximum possible settlement. Contact Chadi & Company today for a confidential consultation about your case.